Sitting in geometry

Skinsane

Rookie
I'm sitting in geometry surfing our website looking for stuff to do, on my iPod king is lucky he only fail bio I failing english

School isn't a waste of time people I promise. It is actually very very important!!!! I am not kidding. It always worries me when younger clan memebers do badly in school and spend so much time in CS:S. Stay in school kids. If you go to college without knowing anything it will be very difficult.

School isn't a waste of time people I promise. It is actually very very important!!!! I am not kidding. It always worries me when younger clan memebers do badly in school and spend so much time in CS:S. Stay in school kids. If you go to college without knowing anything it will be very difficult.

Agreed.
You arent going to make a living off of CAL or any other leagues.

I want to know why I don't learn what a 401k is, why our economy is in the gutter and the dollar is dying on the floor in a pool of blood.. What is a CD (banking), how do I manage stocks? What is a loan, how are interest rates calculated? What does a cash advance on a credit card mean? How do I start/run a business, or calculate income taxes? What is going on today in politics? Why don't they teach me how to do well in the workplace, or teach me about my civil rights, so that I'm not taken advantage of by the government?

Why do I learn about French wars, kings of England, and the conjugations of Ser in the preterit, but not how to refinance a house?

School may not be a waste of time, but it's far from what we should be learning to help us survive in the real world. There are millions of people in the United States that spend every penny their credit card company will give them because they don't understand they're borrowing money. They take loans from car companies to pay for their cars instead of getting a bank loan against their house (if they have one). We shouldn't be learning the crap they're currently teaching us, we should be learning about things that will matter once we leave our parents' houses.

Last edited:

!up eyeless

I want to know why I don't learn what a 401k is, why our economy is in the gutter and the dollar is dying on the floor in a pool of blood.. What is a CD (banking), how do I manage stocks? What is a loan, how are interest rates calculated? What does a cash advance on a credit card mean? How do I start/run a business, or calculate income taxes? What is going on today in politics? Why don't they teach me how to do well in the workplace, or teach me about my civil rights, so that I'm not taken advantage of by the government?

Why do I learn about French wars, kings of England, and the conjugations of Ser in the preterit, but not how to refinance a house?

School may not be a waste of time, but it's far from what we should be learning to help us survive in the real world. There are millions of people in the United States that spend every penny their credit card company will give them because they don't understand they're borrowing money. They take loans from car companies to pay for their cars instead of getting a bank loan against their house (if they have one). We shouldn't be learning the crap they're currently teaching us, we should be learning about things that will matter once we leave our parents' houses.

Google. :)

How did geometry get to financial business?

I'm not saying that I don't know what those are, but the vast majority of people don't, and those are the kinds of things we should be learning.

99% of kids these days aren't going to look these things up on Google or ask anybody. We all know that. It's up to the people who have us by the necks for 12 years to teach us something that will help in the real world. Very few of the things we learn in school after 4th or 5th grade are going to help, until maybe some electives in Junior or Senior year in HS.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you come from a bad school since back in my middle school we had a required course for called International banking where we learned about stocks and banks and the current reasons of the recession etc. In high school you should figure out what you want to do and how to earn a degree on how to do that, then model the electives you take and your req classes to help you earn that degree. Then you'll learn about what you want to do in college and then you get to do what you love for a living(no css does not count;))

I'm in my junior year in an upper class Boston suburb in one of the best schools around (they love to tout their "Blue Ribbon Award" and high grades MCAS grades etc.)

But it's still crap and you learn very little stuff that will actually be important besides getting you into college.

You guys don't understand..... You are supposed to learn the fundamentals in highschool an then go on to learn other things in college.

Latest posts

Back