Playtesters wanted for the finished [beta] of my Jail map

Valiant Fluffy

Forum Fiend
The map is finished at long last. After two months of hard work I have finished. There are still though some notable flaws I need to fix.

Flaws already found:

-Some things are too hard to break
-My Ambient_Generic sound system had an error
-some displacements leave tiny little holes that need to be fixed
-Some places are too dark
-Some weapons ammo doesn't come up at correct amount
-There are sprites that didn't render because of a mistake I made
-The front door and the door to the warden's office are locked and I forgot to add the buttons to unlock

Future addons (this isn't the last version, its Beta1):

-Disco room (thank slusserjon for this one)
-Intercom when one of the perimeter vents or something is broken
-Probably a little more areas like battlements
-Change from buy to armory, wanted to test how buy would work instead (turn awp mach gun and such off for the server, and have everyone start with 6-7k?)

the download link!

[ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/154884036/ego_fluffypubbeta.rar.html[/ame]

Last edited:
Ide like to see a jail map where there is no armory. CTs buy guns, and the only way for Ts to get guns is to kill the CTs. It encourages them to actually do something.

no armory :O :O :O :O BUT HOW CT WILL GET AK! :O and also here are some glitches i found : that is a nodraw texture outside next to the helicopter place. that is a water bug i had that in my island that i was supose to do before the forest but i couldnt fix.... and it did that in ba_jail_ego_v6 so i undo the pool in there and also here also a water bug

I was going to post up some of the problems I found, and attach screenshots later once I got back on my main computer but since you had the wrong version up im not sure if they still hold true.

Did you fix the CT spawns? Some of them appear to be over by the soccer field really far away from the armory.

Are the players still spawning without knifes because thats a slight problem ;)

You should add some sort of way to get out of the sewer, once you get in you cant get out and thats no fun.

The soccer field ball return is cool but the side with the pistons the ball can fit between them and get stuck.

The vents that go from one of the padded rooms to the kitchen should either be hidden so its not painfully obvious its there or make it so the door wont open from the outside and its more of an escape route from the kitchen.

You have an oil tower type thing next to the helipad that has a ladder but you cant climb it, not sure if that was planned or not.

Some of the grass/weed textures on the outside of the jail are just a little too short and you can see the wall underneath

The floor near the helipad has a slight gap bewteen it and the bush textures, nothing major just a gap.

Some lighting issues and textures missing but those really need screenshots to show.

Oh and the jail cells start open. And a design note maybe some fencing on the top right of the upper jail block to sorta delay escaping prisoners going towards the armoury.

You also might want to conform to the standard naming convention unless your starting an ego_ theme maps.

Heres the shots of the missing textures/etc...
xlxv2q.jpg

l8ppf.jpg

nzqfki.jpg

Those gaps would be perfect places for invisible ladders i think. Just to get out of water and then wherever you want to fully get out.
2mg9r1g.jpg

This black wall is just missing lighting the wall appears with a flash light.
143m5pt.jpg

I cant open this door im not sure if im supposed to be able to though.
141s41v.jpg

2wd8wee.jpg

2w5rgo7.jpg

Last edited:
Did you fix the CT spawns? Some of them appear to be over by the soccer field really far away from the armory.

Yes, besides one, all Ct's spawn near the heli pad, which will be seen in the new Map that is on the first post (the old one is gone)

Are the players still spawning without knifes because thats a slight problem

Ct's are, terrorist aren't besides five of them (that don't start in the main cell blcok

You should add some sort of way to get out of the sewer, once you get in you cant get out and thats no fun.

You can get out through the breakable drains, the ladder is invisible atm..

I am really waiten to play the map
but how many gun will be hiden in cells?

None.

The soccer field ball return is cool but the side with the pistons the ball can fit between them and get stuck.

That is actually a backwards ball return, I am unsure of what that error is, will be attempting to fix shortly.

The vents that go from one of the padded rooms to the kitchen should either be hidden so its not painfully obvious its there or make it so the door wont open from the outside and its more of an escape route from the kitchen.

The "Insanity ward" doors are not open able from the outside. You must knife open either the vent or the door.

You have an oil tower type thing next to the helipad that has a ladder but you cant climb it, not sure if that was planned or not.

That is unclimbable, will be removing to add something else.

Some of the grass/weed textures on the outside of the jail are just a little too short and you can see the wall underneath

I already stated this as an error.

The floor near the helipad has a slight gap bewteen it and the bush textures, nothing major just a gap.

Read the above

Some lighting issues and textures missing but those really need screenshots to show.

Yes, I noticed missing textures.. please make note and screen cap all texture errors for me.

Oh and the jail cells start open. And a design note maybe some fencing on the top right of the upper jail block to sorta delay escaping prisoners going towards the armoury.

Actually it is a minute until the cell doors open so there isn't any BAAAAAAW OPEN CELLS. Also Ill make note of it thanks. Although its a buy zone for CT's only.

You also might want to conform to the standard naming convention unless your starting an ego_ theme maps.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Will be called JD_Fluffy_Prison (Jail deathmatch [No respawn])

Thank you for the errors.

Oh another thing when you drop down the vent next to the heli pad if the glass is already broken you take 47 fall damage. Bad? good? I don't know.

but valiant why dont you just put the player equip so all start with knife cuz ct's need knife for knife combat...

Latest posts

Back