Away

Man, rock band and guitar hero and other games like that take the art out of video games. For people like me who want video games to be considered a viable art medium, dont buy a game that pretty much is a click a button when this color pops up on the screen.

Rockband 2 really good choice man and Eyeless people are allowd to like games like that its one of the best game maybe you dont like it but please keep it for you

Good luck waiting to get your 360 back.

Mine Red Ringed 2 days before Halo 3 (which turned out to be a flop anyway)
And it took about 4 weeks to come to me.
They sent it to the opposite side of the country first for some reason...
They sent it to Washington State when I live Pennsylvania.
:(

The one they sent me was new but it still acts up and sounds like its gnawing on my discs.

I think I am allowed to have a critical eye and express what I would consider a compelling argument without being chastized. For instance, the game has terrible visuals, no storyline, and it is very very simplistic. All you do is match colors and press a button. It takes the thought out of video games. Real musical instruments are where it's at.

Its not really made for story or graphics its made for fun and a bit like in any Misc game thread just dont go in the thread to say the game aint good or its a perfect waste of time and money....

I wasn't making a comparison between rock band and guitar hero. I was insulting the entire genre. You could reply to my point by saying that a persons taste in a media is relative. Which it is, but on the contrary, the persons taste does reflect their intelect.

rock band has good graphics campared to any game around its time, sure it dosent have the greatest graphics, but it is a music game but it has better graphics than some shooters and it has to change the video for ur character which it makes it harder because u can change alot more than any other game evan sims (which rock band has better graphics than) which makes it it harder and they did a great job on it. Just because u dont like music dosent mean music games suk so dont bash what u dont know.

The mere fact that you are even comparing the graphics of FPS's and rock band is crazy. In an FPS, like Half-Life 2 or Bioshock for instance, entire interactive worlds are created. They have dynamic lighting effects that change how the objects and terrain in the game are viewed based on what angle you are viewing it at and what material you are viewing it through (glass, water, ect.). Also, particle effects and water effects are also present in FPS's. Another point is that other game genres, like FPS's, have things like the source engine which can create mock physical universes where objects will interact with eachother in real time based on newtonian physics. Games like rock band just have a list of stages and a list of character models with pre-set animations that are shown with pre-set camera angles. Comparing the graphical/ technical achievments of a game like rock band to half-life 2 or bioshock is a giant joke.

Also, I really enjoy music alot, hence why I play real musical instruments.

Last edited:
You should try "Samba de Amigo." Kinda like rock band, but more of a Maraca Hero! It was originally out on Dreamcast, but recently came out on the Wii. It is quite fun! It is a good party game.

Latest posts

Back