Vent Pursuing From Armory

bliq

Rookie
=(eG)=
It's a t secret. Stop letting this be allowed as part of the game. Require all CTs to exit armory before pursuing anything, and then don't let them go back into armory to pursue a vent. example clip of what is technically allowed but shouldn't be . This topic has been covered but nobody who plays the game actually likes that this is part of the game. an improv war day is more fun than a 20t free spraydown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also gotta love it when people "claim" they heard a vent break so they pursue from Armory and in the video you can clearly hear nothing broke. Its a false wall......you can walk through it.... this is blatant disregard for the rules.

Nothing broke though. There isn't anything to break unless we are out of our cells but clearly we were still in our cells according to my video. So he used it as an excuse and lied about it just to pursue.

It's a t secret. Stop letting this be allowed as part of the game. Require all CTs to exit armory before pursuing anything, and then don't let them go back into armory to pursue a vent. example clip of what is technically allowed but shouldn't be . This topic has been covered but nobody who plays the game actually likes that this is part of the game. an improv war day is more fun than a 20t free spraydown.
It's already not allowed, the person that did this was CT banned.

In the clip you shown it doesn't look like the CT had sus to pursue, but in general we shouldn't disallow CT's to pursue vents on maps like this and spy vs spy. T's would be way to overpowered if they were guaranteed armory every round

To be fair raja got ghosted from osai in that clip 😂😂😂😂 can we get a week ban on raja for getting ghosted?

Also gotta love it when people "claim" they heard a vent break so they pursue from Armory and in the video you can clearly hear nothing broke. Its a false wall......you can walk through it.... this is blatant disregard for the rules.

always scared ima be the bad guy in these clips

Ultimately this is a map balancing issue. As a general rule of thumb, if a CT has reasonable cause to believe a prisoner is in vents, it should be reasonable to allow them to pursue it using any reasonable means.

There are many many caveats, pitfalls, technicalities, and definitions that introduce a ton of nuance and need for discretion for this general guideline to be applied fairly. For moments where the CT(s) have no reasonable cause to believe a prisoner is in vents, yes, they should not be pursuing vents regardless from what entrypoint.

On the other hand, if a guard did have reasonable cause to believe a prisoner(s) is/are in vents, then they are allowed to pursue it. I can understand how this may seem a bit in favor of the guards, and frankly, that's kind of the point.

You as a prisoner are not required to go into that vent. Over time you should gain familiarity of the maps that you play, the vents/secrets they have, and the pros, cons, and risks that you take when attempting to rebel. The map maker designed this map in a very intentional way. If they wanted, they could have added a barrier preventing CTs from pursuing from armory- they didn't.

tl;dr get better, don't blindly rush vents and complain when you get domed

Ultimately this is a map balancing issue. As a general rule of thumb, if a CT has reasonable cause to believe a prisoner is in vents, it should be reasonable to allow them to pursue it using any reasonable means.

There are many many caveats, pitfalls, technicalities, and definitions that introduce a ton of nuance and need for discretion for this general guideline to be applied fairly. For moments where the CT(s) have no reasonable cause to believe a prisoner is in vents, yes, they should not be pursuing vents regardless from what entrypoint.

On the other hand, if a guard did have reasonable cause to believe a prisoner(s) is/are in vents, then they are allowed to pursue it. I can understand how this may seem a bit in favor of the guards, and frankly, that's kind of the point.

You as a prisoner are not required to go into that vent. Over time you should gain familiarity of the maps that you play, the vents/secrets they have, and the pros, cons, and risks that you take when attempting to rebel. The map maker designed this map in a very intentional way. If they wanted, they could have added a barrier preventing CTs from pursuing from armory- they didn't.

tl;dr get better, don't blindly rush vents and complain when you get domed
I would agree with this. My one thing would be to better define what would classify as warranted suspicion for a CT to pursue vents. It seems like it is way too subjective. Either way, Raja definitely should not of been in vents in Nico's clip and I would definitely lean towards the fact he should not of been in vents for Bliq's clip either. It would be one thing if a CT called out that cells were open but ultimately he was already in them pursuing before he or other CTs could have known.

stop being easy on CTs pursuing vents from armory. The round just started, warden was just assigned. No sounds of sus was present. (speaking of the video i posted above) If we are going to enforce rules, then lets enforce all rules. We cant pick and choose what rules to be easy on. MS, you work very hard on the servers, spent countless hours combing through code to allow us to enjoy your hard work as well as the countless hours of the map developers, so lets enjoy it correctly.. in minecraft, cell vent is HARDLY open, and when it is, we get yoked by a ct rushing cell vent from armory. its frustrating. ruins game play and upsets folks. It wouldnt be a bad idea to add a barrier to the armory vent to prevent CTs from entering through armory. Enter from another point of access to prevent abuse. They brought it on themselves by abusing it. There is a reason camping armory is against the rules, and so is pursuing without sus. And its clearly being violated. So lets think of some ways to prevent that.

Last edited:
stop being easy on CTs pursuing vents from armory. The round just started, warden was just assigned. No sounds of sus was present. (speaking of the video i posted above) If we are going to enforce rules, then lets enforce all rules. We cant pick and choose what rules to be easy on. MS, you work very hard on the servers, spent countless hours combing through code to allow us to enjoy your hard work as well as the countless hours of the map developers, so lets enjoy it correctly.. in minecraft, cell vent is HARDLY open, and when it is, we get yoked by a ct rushing cell vent from armory. its frustrating. ruins game play and upsets folks. It wouldnt be a bad idea to add a barrier to the armory vent to prevent CTs from entering through armory. Enter from another point of access to prevent abuse. They brought it on themselves by abusing it. There is a reason camping armory is against the rules, and so is pursuing without sus. And its clearly being violated. So lets think of some ways to prevent that.
I would definitely agree that raja should have been swapped in a heartbeat on your clip. Zero reason for him being in vents besides just camping it.

There's an important distinction here

That video was from a day where the cell doors never spawned. In those days, I'm pretty sure CTs can hear the vent being broken, while standing in armory. I've never seen these days not be chaotic, and end pretty quickly even if the ones in cell block vent are killed.

I've also never seen a CT pursue vents through armory on a normal day and not get punished.

That's why I agree with MS MS . If you take this vent on a day where cell doors didn't spawn, you're not very skilled as a player. Try something else. And, its quite possible that map creator wanted this to be the design as the alternate is having every single T running into armory as the CTs are leaving. That's not very interesting round.

Latest posts

Back