Game Overview: Gray Zone Warfare!

final 1.png

Game Overview: Gray Zone Warfare!

In today's latest game overview, we will be discussing yet another topic that many gamers have hopped on a current bandwagon for, and that is hyper-realistic looter shooters! Gray Zone Warfare is a fierce and deliberate first-person looter shooter that focuses on its realistic features.

The game offers a variety of weapons you can specifically tailor to your liking to take on the Player vs. Environment vs. Player, or, in other abbreviations, PvEvP or PvE. You will not have to carry out the missions within Gray Zone alone, as it offers coop gameplay to ensure smooth mission completion or a chance at meeting an inevitable demise. Dying on the battlefield of Lamang Island, which is where Gray Zone Warfare takes place, means all your gear you brought with you or looted within the raid will be lost unless you are able to locate your corpse before another player does.

As you can see, these stakes raise a lot of tension, as you'll need to consider the overall survivability of your character and have calculated movement and situation awareness throughout your time on your deployment out on the island. Since Gray Zone Warfare's release on April 30th, 2024, it has had mixed reviews due to its crashing, wait times, failure to register shots hit, and performance issues. However, due to its mixed reviews, there are positives as opposed to other looter shooters, as it is more causal for the average gamer by offering PvEvP or PvE modes, which cater to all players. You can become a solider of Lamang Island and complete various incursions for $34.99. Gray Zone Warfare is currently only available on PC and Steam.

Gameplay:
At the start of your expedition, you will be flown to a remote Southeast Asian island via helicopter. This will be where you set off on your mission to discover the mysteries of the quarantine. Within the game, there are different factions within the massive map area; each faction has its own starting zone, and as you engage closer to ground zero, the enemies become more difficult to encounter. Be careful as you progress, as the A.I. is programmed to know when a squad member has been incapacited and will advance on you with fierce aggression. You can use foliage and other map features and character control to engage targets tactfully.

The objective of the game is to choose missions, gear up, gather intelligence, solve mysteries within the island, take anything of value and/or loot any gear that will enhance your survivability, and extract successfully by returning to the FOB. Once you have completed your tasks, make sure to call in the chopper so it will be ready for you in a timely manner; otherwise, you will be sitting around waiting as choppers can be busy extracting other players. Explore the vast MMO-living world of Gray Zone today and plunge yourself into the captivating storyline where you can come across a variety of characters and players with an eccentric health system, mysteries, and ruthless agendas.

@Stanley Norwood
Saw it on Steam as a "match" for other games that I have played. Not sure...I like the concept of the game but my lack of true game play hinders this response. So far no real opinion: however, I do experience a lot of lag even after updating my drivers as recommended by the game. Cant say yes or no. Based on my initial experience I will give it a 3 as I see the potential in it and like the concept. That could go up or down once I am able/if to play more.
3⭐

@Nouille Chinoise
(Heard about the game from) Jackfrags on YouTube. Movement similar to DayZ, a lot less waiting than Tarkov. Needs some work, but will be good. (Would you recommend?) Yes. 4.5
4.5⭐

@Skyz
A friend told me about it and I decided to watch shroud play it a bit on twitch, the game looked pretty neat, similar to tarkov but also different. I like how you enter raids in a helicopter and that people who pick the same faction as you are essentially your allies even if they are not in your squad, I also like the openness of the map, but it is to spread out and can get bring real fast. In concept it is a good idea, the gameplay aspects of it seem pretty cool, but the execution of the open beta is not the greatest, it definitely needed more time, I tried playing it and it would crash my game or even blue screen my PC, it was causing my CPU to hit over 100c every time I launched it and that was just in the main menu not even in the game yet. I would not recommend it just yet, give it a year or so. I'd give it a 2 out of 5 currently on optimization and playability, 4 out of 5 on the concept of it.
4⭐

@404 Notfound
Due to the decline in popularity of tarkov a group of friends and myself decided to look for similar games. Right around this time Grayzone came out. Once one of us noticed we all gave the game a try. My favorite aspect of the game is the way the game is always going. We don't wait in queue or search for games on repeat. Once you're in the server youre free to explore the map as you please. Even after dying you go back to your factions camp and can journey right back to your dead body. I genuinely enjoy the game, it has alot of potential and it seems the devs are listening to the player base and acting accordingly to further the growth of the game. I would 100% recommend to other players, on fact I already have. I make sure to tell them it's a work in progress and it may be better to wait a bit for features they want to see implemented. 4.5 stars out of 5 some of the ai were programmed by John wick in my opinion this needs to change.
4.5⭐

System Requirements:
MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8600 / AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 (AVX2 support required)
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB / 2060 SUPER 8GB / RTX 3060 8GB / RTX 4060 8GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 8GB / RX 6600 8GB / Intel® Arc™ A770 8GB
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows® 10 64 Bit (latest update) / Windows® 11 64 Bit (latest update)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti / AMD Radeon™ RX 6800
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space

Artist: @Buster | Writer: @fweakz | Interviewer: Immaculate Immaculate

Like, share and subscribe EdgeGamers Social Media:
YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok

I was thinking about picking this up but my wifi cant handle it right now!
However, Im getting a new wifi setup so lets hope that changes stuff

Latest posts

Back