CSS Dust2 Fun rounds on Dust 2

Do you want to see fun rounds on Dust 2? If you answer yes, pick which fun rounds you'd like to see

• Yes

• No

• Knife only

• Knife/scout

• Pistol only

• Grenades only

• Other (please comment what other fun rounds you'd like to see)

• All of the above

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I'll dust off the fun-round plugin we had on our CS:GO AWP server and I'll see what I can whip up ;)

NO WAY!

Dust_2 is near perfect as is, which is why it has lasted longer than any other server we have. We can't recreate it's success so if it's not broken don't fix it. One server can't be all things to all people which is why CSGO/CS2 always has lots of options in the works. Better to give dedicated supporters more perks for their money which actually finances non-CS and non-Dust_2 servers. An even better idea is to put these things on a second Source server with a dedicated tech person maintaining it (this part is long overdue). We can use it for events, overflow and other options without risking the most stable server in the entire community or from the rejection of old timers who enjoy it as is and who have kept the lights on all these years while continuing to provide the best entertainment in the genre.

I'll dust off the fun-round plugin we had on our CS:GO AWP server and I'll see what I can whip up ;)
We have issues in gitlab that have been sitting for quite while that need application. Can I suggest we clear those before committing on a poll with responses from only 3 confirmed CS:S supporters?

Agreed with Immaculate - I would caution against making too many changes - the familiarity and "vanilla Dust2" experience is what keeps veterans coming back, its what has kept me in this server for the last 10-15 years. It probably wouldn't hurt anything if it were scripted to be the very first round of the game, i.e. a warmup round.

I don't see the reason not to do them but maybe do like a poll in game to see if players want one of those rounds or not like what CSGO did that way we can see how many want to but maybe do like 1-2 every lets say like 3 weeks

Low gravity, no lights, or any that exist but leave it up to votes at admins discretion.

I'd like to see it implemented along with the voting option as most admins do not have that ability. I can understand Immaculates hesitation but i dont think it will hurt to open up the options for us to use.

Low gravity, no lights, or any that exist but leave it up to votes at admins discretion.

I'd like to see it implemented along with the voting option as most admins do not have that ability. I can understand Immaculates hesitation but i dont think it will hurt to open up the options for us to use.
That's what a second server can safely do. It just need the administrative support. Also, there's competition out there that grows when we make mistakes like this on Dust 2 and they don't come back. Never take success for granted, especially if it we can't recreate it. That's like remodeling the Pyramids without knowing how to build them.

Other than the first round being something simple, like knives only, pistols only, or knife/grenade, the only thing that really matters to me is improving on the fundamentals. Get the server running correctly. Fix the issues that are there and have not been tended to. The two most major complaints I hear everyday in game are about the lack of registration and the abundant team flashes. 100 tick can be done, and with 64 players. Go try some of the other source servers out there that offer it and compare. The gameplay feel is so much smoother, registration is improved immensely. Secondly, look into a mod or addon that doesn't allow for team flashes - it exists. The spam nade / rebuying issue we had was completely gone overnight with the addition of the no spam / rebuy addon added not long ago. Everyone benefited from it, players and admins. Please do not make massive gameplay style changes to the current server. Maybe make another server for all those grand ideas. Those that prefer that style can have their own place to promote, fill, and play. Thank you though for bringing this issue up to a vote though, as it allows all of us to voice our opinion rather than having changes implemented without notice.

Last edited:
didn't we have low gravity rounds at some point? i'm all for the above rounds and low grav maybe if possible lol. changing it up never hurts, i mean we look at the same thing for hours so xD

Latest posts

Back