Building a new pc

You can't reuse your old case/psu? I generally use those two things till they cant go no more (my PSU was manufactured in 2011... i was 10...) reusing those two pieces on top of the ""Alternative"" MAS scripts would save ya about tree fiddy

Otherwise, I would call this a 4K setup, for 1080/1440p I would just do a 4060/7700x which would save ya another 400$

Last edited:
Id personally step down the cpu to the 7700x because the 7800x3d only sees performance benefits in a few games.

otherwise its decent.
gotcha, plus they're both on sale currently. might as well make the purchase for that at least lol
If you want to save $109 you can use the Alternative Activation Method of Windows.
I've never seen this method before, I've seen the one where you buy window keys from third parties, but never knew this existed. How hard is it to do?
You can't reuse your old case/psu? I generally use those two things till they cant go no more (my PSU was manufactured in 2011... i was 10...) reusing those two pieces on top of the ""Alternative"" MAS scripts would save ya about tree fiddy

Otherwise, I would call this a 4K setup, for 1080/1440p I would just do a 4060/7700x which would save ya another 400$
I have the Supernova 650 G3 650W. Is it still powerful enough to support the new specs I will have? Also, I don't really like the case I have currently. I also don't really want a 4K setup as I will not be running that, however I also don't want to be constantly upgrading in the future. But looking at it now, I could probably downgrade a little bit.

Also to add, I saw that the 7700X gets up there temperature wise, is my cooler powerful enough to cool it off or should I upgrade that.

I've never seen this method before, I've seen the one where you buy window keys from third parties, but never knew this existed. How hard is it to do?
I'm not smart enough to understand how to do what MS posted, but I did get my windows key from G2a. Cost about $40, so I saved $80, emailed right away, and I've never had an issue with it

WaSe/MS is right, do not spend more than $40 on a windows key. All you need is a usb stick and your old pc to download a windows install file (free) and then buy a key to activate. Very simple, I have used G2A in the past and I mean if you even need something like MS Office I would go this route too. Not sure if you looked but if you have a MicroCenter near you, they have deals on CPU/Mobo/Ram bundles (would save you about $150 for those equivalent parts).

Edit: If you do have a MicroCenter, the 7700x bundle is $100 cheaper as well with same amount of ram but slightly different MoBo. I believe it comes with the MoBo you had in your list too.

Last edited:
Also to add, I saw that the 7700X gets up there temperature wise, is my cooler powerful enough to cool it off or should I upgrade that.
All the new 7000 AMD cpus get hot, the only reason why the x3D models do not is to protect the specially added 3D V-Cache.

For reference my 7700x hits 80-85 C (with a 240mm AIO) while gaming depending on the load. The cooler you picked is very solid and should work (probably one of the best air coolers on the market rn). Your CPU will maintain its temp properly by scaling its speed back if it gets too hot.

764aeceab6de4b52ef60bc0c6f146185.png

^
Peak temp + Core clock after playing an hour of OW2 and CS2.

Last edited:
I'm personally a big fan of the 7800x3d, Im cooling mine with an NZXT Kraken elite 360mm, after about 5 hours of cs2 I peaked at around 78c

It looks good bro, the only thing I'd change for sure would be the air cooled cpu heat block. With AIO water cooling being so easy/affordable using heatsink/fan is so 2004.
Corsair Hydro / iCUE (whatever they call it now)
^ My first AIO I put on a Intel gen4 and it lasted like 12+ years and still works back when they were just blocks with no bells and whistles no LED
- Now they come with customizable LED standard and software to track/modify from the desktop

And I'd go intel not amd, but thats more personal preference I guess

Finished my new pc thanks guys for the tips! Glad I bought extra fans for the case because otherwise I would have only had 2 in total lol.

Finished my new pc thanks guys for the tips! Glad I bought extra fans for the case because otherwise I would have only had 2 in total lol.
You cannot share this information without giving us specs and a pic of the build... I am not mad, just disappointed..... But hey what do you expect from an Ohioan

Motherboard- MSI B650
Power Supply- Corsair RM850e
CPU Cooler- Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
CPU- Ryzen 7 7700X
RAM- 32 GB (2x16) Corsair Vengance DDR5
Storage- 4 TB Samsung 990
Extra fans- Corsair iCUE SP120
Case- NZXT H7 Flow
GPU- ASUS ProArt 4070
IMG_7405[1].jpeg

IMG_7410[1].jpeg

If you decide to improve cooling in the future I might recommend getting the Corsair H150i Radiator. Works really excellent. My CPU (AMD 7900X) temp never peaks above 50 C. It also has a module available where you can see what your CPU temp is directly on the faceplate of the CPU cooler.

Wish I had the money. I am saving for a new computer.
Saving up for a new rig is always a battle but itll be worth it in the end! Side note it helps if you have your money in a high yield savings account! (I use Sofi) Made it faster getting mine!

Latest posts

Back