Medium Discord Make the Discord better

nonya

Thread Junky
=(eGO)=
Hey,

I thought it would be a good idea to list a couple of suggestions to make the discord better.
1. Add Leadership + Admins online to the side menu
Even if u wanna keep DS on top it would be good to have admins and leadership appear below all the donators for players needing assistance to reach out to someone. Ultimately helps a ton for players needing help and doesn't impact the donator perk at all.

1714776853924.png

Basically just put LE + Admins between these two roles

2.Add a default color for chat
1714775368387.png

as you can see in the screenshot its really confusing to tell whether users without any special roles or ranks are still in the server. Even adding a default color like grey will help others know that the user is still in the server.

Please give me your thoughts on these suggestions and if you have any yourself!

Upvote 2
1. Add Leadership + Admins online to the side menu
We decided against this; we want to highlight the donators who help us run our servers. We made the helpdesk specifically for players who need to reach out, and many leadership members are active in the text channels to cover the rest.

as you can see in the screenshot its really confusing to tell whether users without any special roles or ranks are still in the server.
Meh, I don't really see this as a problem? But if it's really something people want I can make the default color a moderate gray.

we want to highlight the donators who help us run our servers
its interesting that you don't want to highlight the admins and leadership who spend countless hours helping out our servers for free. Even adding them BELOW the donators would be beneficial
Meh, I don't really see this as a problem? But if it's really something people want I can make the default color a moderate gray.
It provides extra information to everyone while impacting nothing, seems like a great way to make the server better

I understand your concerns and may even agree, but I’ve always been opposed to listing leadership different from everyone else. We’re all the same. If someone needs help, over the past 15 years, I’ve established an open door concept. Anyone can reach out to me and ask for help. I don’t need to be on some specialized list to achieve this.

its interesting that you don't want to highlight the admins and leadership who spend countless hours helping out our servers for free. Even adding them BELOW the donators would be beneficial
I agree to this, and support this. It would be nice if we could only make certain LE display above, but oh well.
Also I saw "BELOW" in all caps and thought it said "ELBOW" so I might be a tad dumb.

Edit: While you are a light mode user, that doesn't technically discount you from having opinions :)

Last edited:

It provides extra information to everyone while impacting nothing, seems like a great way to make the server better
I agree with Below Removal Service

I understand your concerns and may even agree, but I’ve always been opposed to listing leadership different from everyone else. We’re all the same. If someone needs help, over the past 15 years, I’ve established an open door concept. Anyone can reach out to me and ask for help. I don’t need to be on some specialized list to achieve this.
looking at https://www.edgegamers.com/pages/structure/ there are some pretty clear distinctions making the division between the two important.

=(eGO)= admins are masters of mature gaming. These members know how to respond to almost all situations or how to contact the right people if they don't
Managers are experienced members, essential to keeping EdgeGamers running. They are the first level of leadership and are the GO-TO people in the event of a problem.
Listed here you can see that in the event of a problem, managers are the people to go to. Regardless of whether you're a brand new player or an Admin, you'd be reaching out to manager+. Making it difficult for members of the community to reach out to leadership and admins when problems occur in the most efficient manner is very shortsighted. Not sure why even having it BELOW donators is an issue.

To be as direct as possible,

I don’t care for any sort of separation, distinctions, division, segregation or whatever other word you’d like to apply here. I am you, you are me, we are EdgeGamers.

If it was up to me, we’d abolish all that stuff. But it’s not. I recognize your need to “make discord better”, I just don’t care for that specific need.

There’s so much more stuff in eGO that could use love, positions in Discord isn’t on my (myself, me, Ric) priority list.

Good luck.

Well we have member services, that help players with specific stuff, and leadership and admins is pretty active in all of our channels.

Latest posts

Back