Beyonce

Forum Fiend
=(eGO)=
What is the scope of your bug report?
CS:S

Short description of the bug
Server crashes

Detailed description of the bug
I was playing and just completely crashed out of my game. I didn't think anything of it and reloaded into the game and server, but a few rounds later I saw like 8 people get disconnected at once and realized that several others were getting kicked randomly from the server. It was in increments of like 8 at a time. Everyone came back and said the same thing:

Their games completely closed out as they crashed out of the server. Taken back to the Launch game screen.

Last edited:
on my side it appears as if yall are only timing out, next time this happens (im inclined to believe it was a transient routing issue and it wont) give me a client log - if you already have one send it please!

Server was full, then I started seeing people in droves disconnect randomly before I also disconnected. Game crashed out completely. Pubs returned to the server outlining the same experience.

**excuse the double post.
Part of a log. My game crashed as I was getting condump

gameME: Contra (Pos 115, 21,561 points) disconnected (-19 points)
gameME: =(e)= Queen of Ice (Pos 108, 21,790 points) disconnected (Pos -1, -17 points)
gameME: Kapazoum (Pos 458, 13,126 points) disconnected (+22 points)
gameME: COBRA (Pos 771, 7,857 points) disconnected (Pos +3, +34 points)
gameME: Bean (Pos 437, 13,508 points) disconnected (+3 points)
gameME: BlaZert (Pos 1,122, 2,667 points) disconnected (Pos +2, +18 points)
gameME: ⒽⓎⓇⒶⓍ☺ (Pos 376, 14,753 points) disconnected (0 points)
gameME: carlosauv01 (Pos 773, 7,854 points) disconnected (+10 points)
eGO | Support us by donating and receive special perks! Check out edgm.rs/donate

It happens to me a lot where the server crashes but i wont get kicked out of cs2 its so annoying

CS:S D2 server has crashed 6 or 7 times this evening, between 5pm and 10pm EST. Each time it kicks about half the players and also keeps the tally of wins/losses for teams. It seemed to crash about every 45 minutes or so. Would completely close you out of the game, but would reconnect as usual with 1 attempt. Finally, around 9:45pm EST, the server crashed and upon reconnecting, I and others were again disconnected. This happened a total of 3 times within 2 minutes. I'm calling it a night now.

Was the game completely crashing and making you reopen it? Or was it kicking you from the server with a message about why you got kicked?

We are aware of an exploit that causes disconnections but I am not aware of any hard server crashes. If anyone has a .dmp file from the crash, please privately message me on the forums to send it, I would love to take a look!

*.dmp files may contain sensitive information such as steam information, chat history, custom materials, and voice data. Only share them with people you trust!

I'm not familiar with .dmp files. How can I get you one in the future if this happens again on the server?
They would be located in your game folder, ex
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source

^ Thanks. After doing some research I figured it out. I need to type "condump" in game console while in game, then I can find that text file in the appropriate folder and get it sent to Tech for analysis next time the server crashes.

Condump can provide a little bit but it doesn't tell us as much as a .dmp.

We have put basic migitation for one of the crashers on our server, but it is a detection and not prevention. An administrator will need to take action once the attack has occured. I am looking into a better solution for prevention.

Back