Important POLL: What should the rule be?

What should the rule be? (see full question below)

• Cannot build/break in the overworld until you make a claim; allow ladders for when you get stuck.

• Total voters

GrumpyCatJen

Grumpiest Cat
Senior Manager
What should the rule be for our Survival Minecraft server for builds in the overworld, nether, and end, assuming that claims never expire?

Last edited:
I have an alternative but similiar to the first choice. Griefers shouldnt be allowed regardless imo. If someone griefs an admin should still admin the griefer. However, nothing should be rolled back. If a player doesn't protect their stuff then its on them. Gives players an incentive to be active, build within their limits, and rewards active players with the ability to buy/generate more land for themselves and encourages more playtime.

I like the concept that after 30/60 days it's not considered grief if it isn't claimed. Otherwise I learn towards Firez idea which is like 1a

I put in for #1. I think it should be that there should be a time period where they are protected until they claim. If they do not after x timeframe then it's public domain.

My general opinion is #2 that a large majority of builds should remain protected, aka no griefing allowed. The current map is so large that I don't see a reason for players to take items, edit, grief, or move into an inactive player's build(s). While it is not guaranteed a player might return after multiple months of inactivity, I can't imagine it being a positive experience for a player to log in after a few months and find their builds or items griefed or taken and admins tell them "sorry, you needed to be more active"

The exception I could see argued are features or locations which benefit all active players such as the end island, public shop world, nether rail, server xp farms. In this case, I think there needs to be a balance between leadership and player ownership depending on case by case, end island makes sense for leadership to "own" as in don't let players claim the island but allow players to make minimal changes (wither farm, obsidian farming, stairs to the floating portals). Xp farms are currently player owned, but what happens with say the current situation with the enderman farm which had a public warp, does an inactive owner mean the only viable solution is to build more player owned enderman farms, or does leadership step in and maintain it, least until that player decides to return?

Edit: Thinking on it, there is still the situation where someone inactive didn't have a claim, does get griefed, and then returns but the grief happened long ago. I think it is a better reaction if admins still attempt to help the player fix the damage any way they can, maybe even help provide the player some items and food to help them get back on their feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daa
I wonder how well-known GriefProtection is outside of our server. If people aren't protecting their builds, maybe they have no idea they can, and we should do better to inform our new players about how to do it.

I doubt anyone would seriously object to using claiming; I feel like it more so comes down to ignorance or just a lack of claimblocks to cover it all (which is also something we can help with by pooling some moola [it's also not unheard of for LE to just give new players enough claimblocks to claim what they need]).

Reactions: Daa

Latest posts

Back