Game Overview - Deceive Inc!

Deceive Inc Alcha 24-01-2024.png

Game Overview - Deceive Inc!

Have you ever played Guess Who in Garry's Mod? Do you enjoy playing Spy on our beloved Team Fortress 2? Well, this may be the game for you to combine the skills of both in an innovative way to gain an advantage and succeed in deceiving other spies! Deceive Inc. is all about creating the best deception and sneaking around the facility in which you spawn with nine others as a solo player or two other teammates against three teams of three. Since Deceive Inc.'s launch on March 21st, 2023, various types of competitors have been able to go hand in hand by employing various agents, each with their own unique weapons, abilities, and traits on the roster. All agents have the same goal of obtaining the objective and extracting it in a timely manner. Come into the world of spies for $19.99! It's up to you to swindle all the other agents with an elaborate scheme and wits about you to prove you have what it takes to be the crown jewel of the company and earn your paycheck.

Deceive Inc. is available on Steam, Epic Games, PlayStation, and Xbox with full cross-platform play!

Gameplay:

Deceive Inc. is a cross-platform guess-who, loot-and-shoot, extraction-based game with proximity chat. On the main screen, you get to choose which agent is best suited for your play style given the weapon, expertise, and passive ability of that specific character. When the mission starts, you will want to be camouflaged by taking on the identity of any person you see walking around the facility to be able to mislead other players. Each player then searches for intelligence scattered around the facility to open locked doors and safes. Either players will open vaults once they have gathered enough intelligence and accessed terminals, or Iris, the Integrated Recon and Intelligence System, will hack the doors to the vaults. Once vaults are open, the full game is in play, as each agent will be able to gain possession of the package (the objective). This is when agents can either secure the package and attempt to extract it or hold back to wipe out the other adversaries and claim the reward for themselves or their team. The bearer of the package will be pinged, informing other agents of their location based on a timer. It is up to you to prove yourself amongst the other spies to be the best deceiver and withdraw the package alive, or meet one's end and fail your mission; after all, Deceive Inc. has the pleasure of giving equal opportunity to its employees to receive a paycheck!

Community Interviews:

Left:

Saw it on steam. The characters were fun and their abilities were cool to me as well as the general premise of the game. It was definitely a fun game, but it had some major balancing problems. The guns in the game did too much damage as well as certain characters abilities were just too good. The game has kind of died out now and doesn't get above 250 players a day.
★★★★☆

Trinity:

I think I saw some streamers playing it and decided to give it a go. I really just like that it's something new and interesting. The whole spy aspect of the game is cool and I like that there's different strategies you can take towards the game like being more passive, almost like a lurker, or being very aggressive and quick. I had a lot of fun learning how to play this game and trying out all the agents and trying different strategies. I would give it 4 stars. I think it's a fun and interesting new game that has some unique elements to it that will give you hours of fun before getting repetitive. I think the repetitive aspect will be fixed when they release new content. The main downside is the current player count.
★★★★☆

TropicalMNST:

Saw it on steam. I liked using the prop mechanics. It was fun and its honestly sad the game died so fast. Yes (would recommend).
★★★★☆

System Requirements:

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Core i5-6500 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300U
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 or AMD Radeon R7 265
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 8 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system