Game Overview - CS2!

CS2OG.png

Game Overview - CS2!

The dawn... of a new era... of COUNTER-STRIKE!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is how many of us found EdgeGamers. Whether you came into our Jailbreak or TTT servers, our Counter-Strike: Source server, or dare I say.... MiniGames servers; there was something for everyone.

Counter-Strike 2 has officially launched, and wow oh wow! What a release/update to our beloved CS:GO.

From improved graphics and better sound design to RTX support for oh-so-smooth smokes and flames, but is Counter Strike 2 the refresh that CS:GO needed? Let's dig into that question with some first-hand accounts of people within the community and their experience thus far, as well as the updated specs to run CS2 at its fullest potential.

ven
My first impression after playing CS2 was okay. I like the little things they added to the game to make it more friendly to new CS2 players and the graphics are very good. What i don't like is the buy menu and the gun mechanics feel a bit off compared to CS:GO. One thing that surprised me was the graphics, the game looks completely redone and new. My overall opinion about CS2 is good. They made the game more friendly and more convenient. I would recommend this game to people who are into competitive games and or people who are trying to get into competitive games.
4⭐

prinzy
I feel like it's a step in the right direction to update and improve counter strike as a whole, and brings some amazing new things to world of FPS games. But it does fall short in a few areas. I love the graphics! The lighting and shading is amazing, the maps are updated to match. It makes an 11 year old game, with the same maps, feel new and different. However, the sprays and sounds are not it. The galil sounds plastic and funny, and the AK-47 is just hilarious! The sounds feel fake and rounded. Having shot an AK before, CS2 makes it almost "softened" and feel too "rounded" as it lacks that sharpness of a real shot. Pistols sound off, like aggressive nerf guns! There are still several bugs, but there is always room for improvement! Honestly, the smokes surprised me with how they are both helpful but also detrimental, and need a lot of skill to utilize their full potential. I think it adds a fun element that changes gameplay in a surprising significant way.

I think the game is awesome, and while CSGO is missed, I'm glad that Valve is taking the steps to try to modernize their games and keep up with what the player base wants, or don't know they want. It's fun and different, but a welcome change that adds more than just point click shoot! I would recommend this game to everyone, and think it's totally worth a try to FPS and non-FPS players alike. It's close, but not there just yet!
4.5 ⭐

PastureB
I liked it, some things that should be tweaked before I can consider it a fully released game. I like the look of it, feels really nice to see some of the different skins pop! Only real complaint I have is the tick rate on the competitive servers. Overall opinion, needs some fixes, hope they add operations like cs:go. I really like the new premier for comp. I recommended it to a couple friends now. As of now I would give it a 3.5 but they are putting out updates almost daily fixing things, so I can see it getting up higher in score. Also, I cant wait for community servers to be back, especially surf.
3.5 ⭐

Dublinn
Its fun, i like the new map layouts. i don't like the bone crunching sounds as I'm getting shot lmao, I like the new comp modes. Will be fun when the community servers are back up! Yeah, I'd recommend it to others.
4⭐

Minimum Requirements:

Processor: 4 hardware CPU threads - Intel® Core™ i5 750 or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Video card must be 1 GB or more and should be a DirectX 11-compatible with support for Shader Model 5.0
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 85 GB available space

Art: @Alcha | Writing: @TehRaddish | Editor: @Lucas15 | Interviewer: Immaculate Immaculate

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:
Instagram | TikTok | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

I just wish it launched with a operation tbh. Graphics are real nice though. My marble fade huntsman looks great.
Oh that is so smart. having an launch operation. If they did I really hoped they did one like Hydra or the real operations not like the battle passes we have gotten these last years. But ngl, When I play on my Home PC the game is spotless. Literally perfect, never notice any issues. I played on another computer game felt like Playing on eGOs JB from the EU. Laggy shots not regestering and alot more. It should get fixed in the short future but yes. A Launch Event wouldve been great to bad they fumbled on that one!

My butterfly ultraviolet doesn't look as good as it did. I feel like they need to make the color black more black rather than a metallic color. But it plays well and I do like the graphics, just some of the skins look way off from how they used to look.

Last edited:
Goodness that is so savvy. having a send off activity. On the off chance that they did I truly trusted they did one like Hydra or the genuine dislike the fight passes we have triumphed ultimately these last years. Yet, ngl, When I play on my Home PC the game is perfect. In a real sense great, never notice any issues. I played on another PC game wanted to play on Self images JB from the EU. Laggy shots not regestering and alot more. It ought to sort out in the short future yet yes. A Send off Occasion wouldve been perfect to terrible they mishandled on that one!.

Latest posts

Back