TTT - Can we get some new maps?

hotdogbun5

I made one post
Can we get some new maps tested in the TTT server?

Browsing online I found a website with multiple TTT maps that are updated versions of the ones currently in rotation as well as a bunch of different ones.

I think it would be cool to set up a scheduled time to test out some new maps during a busy evening such as Sunday?

https://gamebanana.com/mods/cats/5447

check it out let me know what you guys think.

-hotdogbun

Get a list going of ones you think might be good - others may have played them or they may have previously been on the server.

I was talking with EGO-Carter, he was saying that the maps may have been tested already and may crash the server. I was around one night when a Dev was testing out a bunch of maps and would throw on any of the new ones he could find.

Here's a list of some of the ones I believe were not tested:

ttt_backrooms
ttt_yakuza_v2
ttt_feast_town
ttt_lego_land
TTT Splash
ttt_temper_factory_v2
TTT_DTK_Streets
ttt_thestreet_pg
TTT_mansion_kso2k18
ttt_dark_docks
ttt_factory_temper
ttt_minecraft_village_city
ttt_orangeworld-v1
ttt_tumbleweed
ttt_lg_eviction_v3
ttt_sg_winterfrost_festive
ttt_sky_islands_csgo
Apehouse CSGO Version
ttt_gunkanjima
ttt_sg_skyfrequency_a1
ttt_bank_csgo
ttt_craftroom_csgo
ttt_sg_eviction_V2
ttt_escapeless
ttt_ubwatertown
ttt_moeub_alpha6

This is quite a long list, none of these are currently on the existing roster and were not tested the night I was around for the map testing.

Apologies if this is a waste of anyone's time.

-hotdogbun

I’ll have to go through that list and see
I was talking with EGO-Carter, he was saying that the maps may have been tested already and may crash the server. I was around one night when a Dev was testing out a bunch of maps and would throw on any of the new ones he could find.

ttt_backrooms
ttt_yakuza_v2
ttt_feast_town
ttt_lego_land
TTT Splash
ttt_temper_factory_v2
TTT_DTK_Streets
ttt_thestreet_pg
TTT_mansion_kso2k18
ttt_dark_docks
ttt_factory_temper
ttt_orangeworld-v1
ttt_tumbleweed
ttt_lg_eviction_v3
ttt_sky_islands_csgo
Apehouse CSGO Version
ttt_gunkanjima
ttt_sg_skyfrequency_a1
ttt_bank_csgo
ttt_craftroom_csgo
ttt_sg_eviction_V2
ttt_escapeless
ttt_ubwatertown
ttt_moeub_alpha6

This is quite a long list, none of these are currently on the existing roster and were not tested the night I was around for the map testing.

-hotdogbun
I'll have to look through some of these when I get a chance (hopefully tonight if I don't have to work). Except for the Apehouse CSGO Version, since I've seen that one before and it's not that good looking in my opinion, not to mention we already have an Apehouse map on our server, so there's no need to add another one.

ttt_backrooms
ttt_yakuza_v2
ttt_feast_town
ttt_lego_land
TTT Splash
ttt_temper_factory_v2
TTT_DTK_Streets
ttt_thestreet_pg
TTT_mansion_kso2k18
ttt_dark_docks
ttt_factory_temper
ttt_orangeworld-v1
ttt_tumbleweed
ttt_lg_eviction_v3
ttt_sky_islands_csgo
Apehouse CSGO Version
ttt_gunkanjima
ttt_sg_skyfrequency_a1
ttt_bank_csgo
ttt_craftroom_csgo
ttt_sg_eviction_V2
ttt_escapeless
ttt_ubwatertown
ttt_moeub_alpha6

-hotdogbun
Yes!!!!

Last edited:
We've had a couple of these on the server already, like Temper's map and Craftroom. I liked Craftroom a decent bit, but it did cause delay. The majority of the maps we have tested before and they were either too big or too small, or just unfinished in general.
Here is a list of a couple of maps that could be added imo.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2489683956&searchtext=ttt
Nuke house was a good map, but the old version had bad textures. The one downside to the map was the basement, dealt no real gameplay to it. The new version looks a whole lot different it could be worth to test out.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154952550&searchtext=cobertura Cobertura was on the server but was removed. It wasn't a TTT map, but it played decent that I can remember.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611406768&searchtext=malibu
Honestly Malibu was a great map, probably one of the best that was removed. I think it may have been removed to crashing issues, but it was fun nonetheless and hope it comes back.

There are a lot of community maps that just need editing that could be changed into a TTT map, a couple of them we have on the server already, like a lot of the COD maps. Also, I will (maybe) finish my map that is like kinda done (i think) when CS2 is released. I do want to get back into mapping since it was fun. You could always learn how to map; we do need more TTT map makers.

more maps = good
At the same time though, we as players have a tendency to go for maps we know and love as opposed to new maps. Everytime a map like Murdertown gets the vote, whether intentional or as a troll, people tend to leave because they don't wanna mess with it.

More maps IS good, yes, but at the same time, there are maps in the list already that have a tendency to clean out the server. Perhaps we could get some of the poorer quality ones removed to pave the way for new maps to try out, and to get a really firm grasp on what should and shouldn't be rebuilt for CS2?

Perhaps we could get some of the poorer quality ones removed to pave the way for new maps to try out, and to get a really firm grasp on what should and shouldn't be rebuilt for CS2?

I'm definitely in support of purging bad/unpopular maps to clear the way for newer and better things

I'm definitely in support of purging bad/unpopular maps to clear the way for newer and better things
If I may make a suggestion here on how best to approach this one?

Set an in-game message on the server, directing players to the forums, asking them to leave feedback on a poll/thread for what's good and what's not? It would serve a dual purpose, in getting some of the regulars that don't yet have accounts here or aren't very active engaged, as well as providing solid feedback on the maps.

Latest posts

Back