Game Overview - Baldur's Gate 3

Baldurs Gate Alcha 25-08-2023.png

Game Overview - Baldur's Gate 3

From the creators behind Divinity: Original Sin 2, set in the mystic and mysterious world of Dungeons & Dragons. Form a party and entice yourselves into an adventure for power, friendship, and survival. Become an ever-gleaming light or an enveloping shadow of evil. Choose from your favorite classes and races from the D&D player's handbook and build your own original hero. Explore, experiment; Forge your own narrative with other characters, challenges, lovers' quarrels, and that of another world. Every choice you make, every decision leaves a mark on your legacy, affecting your future.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is the newest addition to the iconic RPG series, which to many can be described as “the Dungeons and Dragons video game”. Larian Studios has achieved what many DnD players have dreamed of over the years by creating a beautiful and massive fantasy world that for many, only existed in their imaginations as they rolled dice eagerly waiting to describe their actions. For just $60 you can experience all the highs and lows of a TTRPG at a fraction of the cost, and both alone or with friends! Gone are the days of needing to find a professional actor to be a dungeon master, while also spending hundreds of dollars on figurines. Baldur’s Gate 3 is full of interesting, well-written, and beautifully designed high fantasy characters that not only can you interact with, but truly feel a part of the world through the game’s extensive character creation system and the bonds and enemies you can create through a choice system that actually matters. Selling over 5 Million copies in the first 2 weeks since its debut on August 3rd, many fans wait excitedly for the upcoming PS5 launch on September 6th (Sorry Xbox). Baldur’s Gate 3 is set to make gaming history as the new golden standard for what a modern RPG should look like.

But what makes the gameplay so special and exciting? While for many, the turn-based nature of a DnD-inspired video game is a change from the endless explosion-filled high-octane games that cover most of the industry. Baldur’s Gate has successfully replicated DnD in a way that many thought to be impossible. Almost as if you answer the age-old gamer question “why can’t I do that” Baldur’s Gate is a game that rarely tells you “no”. Successfully recreating the main selling point of being able to do anything within reason in DnD by letting you at the very least attempt to: set ablaze, steal, and most importantly: romance almost anything and everyone in the game. Allowing a party of up to 4 players in Co-op, the game allows friends to truly play into the party archetypes commonly found in a merry band of adventures. It isn’t uncommon to see the group bard distracting a guard, while a rogue steals everything he is meant to be guarding, and the cleric is healing the perpetually half-dead wizard. Or you can play as 4 barbarians and simply hit things until they die. The game allows you to do everything you would expect to be able to if you were beamed into such a fantasy world, allowing you to use real-world logic and actually apply it to the game, bringing us one step closer to the dream of every gamer: a truly immersive video game experience.

Moto Moto:
4.5/5 stars
Baldur's Gate 3 is a really fun game for those who are into DnD, but also to people who aren't into DnD. It's a pretty chill game so you don't have to fully focus like in a fps game. If you've never heard of the game, I highly suggest checking it out, especially if it's ever on sale! I rate it 4.5 stars 😄

Poopmasta:
5/5 stars
Based on my limited playtime, I can tell that BG3 is one of the most in-depth RPGs made in years. Easily outdoes Divinity: Original Sin. I imagine I'll be playing it for hundreds of hours. 5/5 stars!

Luna:
5/5 stars
Baldur's Gate 3 sets a new bar for RPGs. The depth of the systems and story alone means you'll always be finding something new and interesting. The game is my favorite of the year so far. It's a shame I can't give it six stars. ★★★★★

Requirements
Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8350
Memory: 8 GB Ram
Video: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480
Storage: 150 GB Available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 8700k or AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: 16 GB Ram
Video: GeForce RTX 2060 Super or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Storage: 150 GB Available space

Art: @Alcha | Writing: @whnheaven, @CheapjingJR | Editing: @Lucas15 | Interviewer: @Surge_Wave

Check EdgeGamers out on Social Media:
Instagram | TikTok | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Latest posts

Back