Forum Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

B Dawg

EGO Zealot
There are two giant white bars on either side of the forums that are very distracting. Also the bar on the left side regarding the Giveaway and Sponsors has a button to hide it, but when you start browsing the forums again it magically appears making the actual forums take up about only 40% of the entire page.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.
View attachment 16608

I agree with the white bars. Not sure if this is being worked on, but I think stretching the forums all the way would make them more appealing.

Padding on the sides is intentional. Additional styling coming in the next few days. Note that you will not see this on Mobile.

Perhaps make it so that Dedicated Supporters can arrange the forum style to their choosing? Just a thought.

I'm not entirely sure if the padding is the best way to go. Here's a comparison between this forum and the Minecraft Sponge forums as a random example:
View attachment 16640
View attachment 16641

Lots of space is being taken up, making the posts much harder to read through. Everything from the size of the avatars, the existence of the signature, the blue sidebars and the main sidebar itself simply takes up space between each post and cramming the space for the post to an even smaller space. I understand that style is important, but in the forums, the posts themselves should be the primary focus.

If we look at the sponge forums, they too have a massive sidebar space. However, the profile area is much smaller and there is no signature, giving it a clean look and allowing more space for posts. If you were to keep the padding, maybe try to minimize space taken up by the avatar and/or the signature. Otherwise, just remove the padding.

I agree. I like the new look of the forums, but I think the padding is too wide. I actually prefer no padding, with the content spanning fully from left to right, but I think that we can strike a balance between style and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back